Stay Smooth in Tulsa with Wheel Alignments and Balances
In Tulsa, OK, you can go the distance in your car when you have your maintenance regular. That’s because a well-maintained car is one that is going to last. A few services that are important for keeping the ride smooth are wheel alignments and balances. Here at South Pointe Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM, we’re here to do both in our service center, while also explaining what each one entails.
What is a wheel balance?
- A wheel balance adjusts proper balance of the wheels
- When your wheels aren’t balanced it causes tread wear and the distribution of weight around the tire to change, which can lead to imbalance, causing the vehicle to shake or vibrate
- Wheel balance service uses a calibrated spin balancer, and will test it at moving and non-moving to make sure your wheels are balanced, if they are not, they are adjusted
- Most wheel balancing is recommended every 5,000 to 6,000 miles, or every six months
What is a wheel alignment?
- A wheel alignment will adjust the angle of your car’s wheels to the position that is set by the manufacturer’s recommended specification
- The inspection includes looking at the toe, chamber, and caster, which are the three components that measure wheel alignment. If adjustments are needed, they are made
- If you notice any pulling of the vehicle to one side or your vehicle has recently been in a collision, you should get a wheel alignment
- We also recommend a wheel alignment every 5,000 to 6,000 miles, especially if you drive through pot holes, gravel road, or in many different road conditions
You can learn more and schedule an appointment with us here in our service center, as our team would be happy to get you in and have you enjoying a smooth and reliable ride today.